1. My finger is much better, despite the bruise that runs from the outside edge by the first knuckle, diagonally across to the top of the fingernail. Bah. Stupid car.
2. Kids were up early, but not unreasonably so. I think it was 6, instead of 6:30. But I woke up with a cold and headache, so as you can imagine, I am super fun to be around.
3. We had a fun day yesterday - Dave took the kids to LegoLand in the morning, and I took myself to the spa for a facial. It was last minute - but totally relaxing, even if it took me an hour to get there.
4. Claire had Daisy Scouts yesterday and while she was reluctant to go, she had lots of fun. (This is pretty de rigueur for her. She hates the idea of the meetings.) We had a field trip organized to the Queens Botanical Gardens, and had a class about the plants we eat. We saw the Gardens' beehives, herb garden and then went into a classroom, where the girls talked about the parts of plants, and which fruits and vegetables were different parts. While that was going on, Ben was scooting around with Dave.
5. We are almost 100% stroller free. In the last week, Ben decided that he's done with the damn thing. Instead, he wants to scoot. All over the place, at top speed. As in, I'm barely off the curb and he's heading for the next corner, dodging around pedestrians right and left.
6. Today is laundry, then a birthday party, followed by dinner and baths. And drinking lots of tea and water, hoping to flush this cold out of my system.