- Go strawberry picking - probably already missed this one this year. will reschedule as apple and pumpkin picking for the fall
- Go to Bear Mountain for a picnic and kiddie hiking
- Visit the NY Aquarium and have lunch at Nathans. Ride some stuff at Coney Island. (I have never been on the Cyclone.)
- Speaking of rides - go to Rye Playland
- Family Night at the Bronx Zoo
- Take a day trip to Greenpoint LI (Has a carousel, a maritime museum, a RAILROAD museum cute LI stuff and a harbor with boats.)
- Family camping. Explore a new campsite.
- Visit LI Children's Museum (even if the Husband doesn't like it. )
- Visit Brooklyn Children's Museum
- Take Claire to see "Brave"
- Walk across Brooklyn Bridge
- Go see Antique Firetruck show in Middletown.
We are a people who tell stories in one form or another.
After all isn't blogging just another way to gather around and tell those stories?
Motherhood is Painless is about finding the humor in the every day. In finding the happiness in those stories that we tell. What would happen if we *all* learned to laugh at ourselves? Maybe then the dark corners would recede a bit and we would all rejoice at the love we find there.
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Summer Bucket List
As we're already (what? already - the girl's been on Summer break for three whole excruciating days...) in the middle of summer up in this piece, I am hereby putting together our summer bucket list:
Posted by Diane Stenglein