She had realized that some times, you're having a day that just plain sucks. Nothing about it can be redeemed. Yet, maybe, if you had a present to open, things might get better. So she started stockpiling little things for herself. Nothing much, a token here, a nice candybar there, so that when she needed a pick-me-up, she had it on hand. Shortly after, she made up a care package for a friend, with the instructions that the friend should open one of the bundles in side, when she was having a bad day.
(Oh, right, here's her own post on the origins of the Crappy Day Present. Henceforth, the CDP.)
So, I signed up - and lo and behold right when I needed it most, I received a lovely CDP of my very own. Now, granted, since I was going through a particularly bad patch in the family, I opened a lot of the presents in the first week.
It was lovely, my gift came from a new blogging pal, I hope.
She sent some great stuff:
- Fancy hand soap for the bathroom
- A new bath scrubbie thing in my favorite color
- Hair clips for when my hair is finally long enough to wear up again
- Dove chocolates
- A fancy sea-salt and caramel chocolate bar
- A scented candle
- Lippy stuff
- a gel eye-mask (perfect for helping with migraines!)
- A scrubby mitten for the bath
It was wonderful to know that for a little while someone thought about me and the sent some great things to help make me a little happier.