New Year's Meme
I really am starting to hate memes of all flavors, but this one is surprisingly less annoying than a lot of the others. At least it's forcing me to think about my year.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? I stood up to someone very important to me.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? No and no. I prefer to make my resolutions in September, like I used to when I was in school.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? You mean, besides me? It was fruitful year - two of my three sisters-in-law gave birth, in February and June, and let me think, five of my friends did.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, a very close family friend passed away after a long, hard illness.
5. What countries did you visit? Hell, I left the state once or twice.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? More patience, more love. Less clutter
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Sept. 11. When I found out I was expecting, I said “wouldn’t it be funny to have the baby on labor day?” Then all I wanted was not to have him come on 9/11. I have too many memories of that day. However, now they are all eclipsed by the arrival of Ben.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Benjamin Colin
9. What was your biggest failure? I lost my patience with just about everyone I know at one point or another.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Thankfully, no.
11. What was the best thing you bought? I can't put my finger on any one thing.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Ask me another time.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? All the stupid celebs and glory-hounds of the world
14. Where did most of your money go? Stuff for the kids. Diet Coke
15. What did you get really excited about? Babies
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? What a Wonderful World/Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwoʻole (aka Bruddah Iz. )
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– Happier or sadder? Happier.
– Thinner or fatter? About the same.
– Richer or poorer? Richer in so many ways
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Slowed down and appreciated more
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Man, I am good at complaining.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas morning at home with our family, then Christmas lunch with my in-laws.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? Yep. With Ben. (Wow, I am corny…)
22. What was your favorite TV program? Glee
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don’t hate anyone.
24. What was the best book you read? I can’t narrow it down to just one. However, among the worst was “Echo In The Bone”
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? I haven't really listened to much this year, however, Ludo entertains the heck out of me.
26. What did you want and get? A healthy baby
27. What did you want and not get? An organized home. But I’m starting to realize it’s going to take a lot of work to get there, and we’re both willing to do it.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? I didn’t see too many movies, but I loved “Julie and Julia” and “The Hangover” was pretty awesome.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Today, I am 38 and I opened presents with my husband and daughter. Later my parents will babysit and we will get some Chinese food..
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I honestly can’t think of anything, well, maybe a cleaning lady.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
For the first ¾ of the year, it was all about the bump. Now it’s all about staying spitup and drool-free.
32. What kept you sane?
My family. My shrink. Netflix. Diet Coke.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Hugh Jackman. David Tennant
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Healthcare reform and marriage reform.
35. Who did you miss?
36. Who was the best new person you met?
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.
Be calm and carry on.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Always look on the bright side of life.
Once again, typed one-handed while nursing BenBen. Also, happy birthday to me!
Oh, although I did reallyreallyreally love Sita Sings the Blues!